Two weeks ago, I received an email informing that I received a Leibster Award. I got confused because I never really heard of that. I was like, what award? For real? What? What? Haha! Sorry for exaggerating. So I clicked the link and saw that it was like a chain message. I searched the Web for its
history origin and found out that it was indeed some kind of a chain message for bloggers. “Liebster” is a German word for “dearest”; some say that it also means “sweetest” and other positive adjective, ask a German to confirm. As for the person responsible for starting this award thingy, no one seems to know, I don’t even know if he/she is German (for naming the award as such). Apparently this has been going on for years and was created to welcome new bloggers. There’s a variation of rules and the minimum number of readers to “qualify” for this award. They say it used to be that a blogger should have below 3000 followers/readers to be nominated; recently others say nominations are given to those who have less than 200 followers/readers. I think, if you received a nomination, just follow the rules listed by your nominator.
Long story short, this is not a real award in the sense that there’s no actual award-giving body, etc. It was an award for blogger given by other bloggers to help them reach a wider audience. And I think that’s nice so I’m taking this award! Hehe. BTW, thank you so much Kristen of Hi & Lo for nominating me! ^_^
- Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with a smaller following but with lots of potential
- Create 11 of your own questions for them to answer
- Notify your nominees
Kristen’s Questions & My Answers
- What’s your favorite way to exercise?
– Why? Why must you ask this? Hahahuhu! I’ve been very lazy when it comes to exercising so I got fat (for real)! >.< I guess I should go back to my routine of taking long walks and doing Yoga.
- What is the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
– Not as far as I want to; I want to travel the world! As of now, the farthest I’ve been to is Baguio, I think. Gah, I haven’t even left the island (Luzon)!
- Describe yourself in three words.
– Fat, always hungry
- What book are you reading now?
– I’m stuck on The Boyfriend List because something’s wrong with my ebook reader and I can’t use it. Currently, I’ve been browsing Martha Stewart’s Encyclopedia of Crafts for DIY projects.
- What was the last movie you watched and how did you like it?
– Starting Over Again (a local film), I loved it because it’s funny and very realistic!
- What goals do you have for your blog?
– My blog–THIS–is turning two this March! I just want to give it more time and attention and I wish I could maintain this one longer than my previous ones. I’m using this as my outlet for my random burst of creativity and for talking about food (I love food and talking about it and taking pictures of it). So five years from now, I’ll look back to my previous posts and see if there’s any improvement. There better be! Haha
- If you could have any job in the world besides the one you have right now, what would it be?
– Sleeping/Reading books/Eating/Travelling and getting paid to do it LOL
- What’s your favorite sound?
– The sound of nature–river flowing, waves by the beach, soft raindrops, birds chirping, wind, etc.
- What is something you wish you had more time for?
– Reading books, sleeping, and crafting
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
– I’d like to be Anna (of Anna and the French Kiss) because France and kilig!
- What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
– My iPod got stolen so I’ll just pick the most played song on my iTunes: Safe and Sound by Capital Cities
I don’t really know a lot of bloggers with less than 200 followers (except myself) so listing 11 bloggers is a challenge. But I guess I’ll just base this on their Bloglovin’ profile/followers.
- Yza of The Geeky Princess
- Ella of The Zee Life
- Hazel of Style Hazel
- Clarissa of Clari Says
- Mumay of Kwento ni Mumay
- Cafe at Tinapay
- Louise of Tokyo Dreams
- Love is a Mutt
- Ces of Rural Dame
- R.S. of Style and Glow
- The Home-based Diva
My questions for them
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite topic to blog about and why?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is something that you haven’t done before but would like to try doing?
- Who is your favorite blogger and why?
- What is the story behind your blog title?
- What makes you smile?
- What is your bedtime ritual?
- What is your number one pet peeve?
- Aside from blogging, what is your favorite thing to do?