Hello! I know, I know, this is a very late post…but better late than never, right? Heh. Here’s my October 2014 BDJ Box, watch my unboxing video below and read this blog for more information about the products and the box. This is the second box on my 3-month subscription.
I made the video really short and direct as much as possible. I thought it’s better that way and instead of babbling too much on the vid, I figured I can use this blog for all of that. Alright, hit the play button and don’t forget to subscribe! Hee.
Items and First Impressions
These are what’s inside my box(es). Note that other boxes/subscribers may have different items in theirs. As always, it has the pamphlet with product infos and 5 stickers with a note that says “Show off your heart’s beauty.” This month’s theme is Skin Savers.
- Dial Cleansing Pair – Yes, I already have this kit but I don’t really mind getting another because I love it!
- Dial Coconut Water Body Wash (473ml for Php 200) – It smells delicious and I’m happy with the big and full-sized product. I love using body wash and this one is now a favorite!
- Dial Coconut Water Soap (113g/bar, Trio Pack for Php 140) – I got one (1) bar. I’ve tried other Dial soaps before and this variant is my favorite because it just smells so yummy!
- Yves Rocher Zero Blemish Gel Cream (50ml for Php 795) – I got seven (7) sachets with 1ml product each. I wish it came in a deluxe sample size instead because I’m not that fond of using sachets. Nonetheless, I’ll definitely try this for my blemishes.
- My Choice Smooth Skin Pack – I’m not familiar with this brand; that may or may not be a good thing. I love the sweet and fruity scent though.
- My Choice Spa Salt (500g for Php 100) – I got the Mixed Fruity variant in full size and a 30g-sachet. I just recently started using bath salts and I guess I have to try this one.
- My Choice Hand and Body Lotion (90ml for Php 70) – I got the Mixed Fruity variant in full size and a 12ml-sachet of the Cucumber variant. I still have tons of lotions in my stash so it might take a while before I try these.
- Dove Hair Fall Rescue (7ml x 7 vials for Php 470) – Not really a skin care product (the core theme of this box) but I’m most excited about this item! Let’s see if this can banish my hair fall problem.
- L’Oreal Paris Youth Duo – This new product line of L’Oreal is really interesting. I’ll definitely keep these deluxe samples!
- L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Laser x3 Serum (30ml for Php 1,500) – I got a deluxe sample tube with 5ml. It has a mild and clean scent which I like.
- L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Laser x3 Anti-Aging Day Cream (50ml for Php 1,500) – Same with the serum, I got a deluxe sample tube with 5ml. It also has that mild and clean scent.
- Revlon ColorStay 16-Hour Eye Shadow Quad (1.9oz for Php 795) – Another non-skincare item but I love it! I got the 560 Serene palette and I can’t wait to use it.
- Strip RPT Kit & Voucher – Love this kit! A nice way to present products and it also serves as a voucher.
- Strip Ice Cream (50ml for Php 1,750) – I got a sachet that’s good for one-time use. It’s a soothing moisturizer and I’ll use it on my next waxing session.
- Malin +Goetz Peppermint Body Scrub (220ml for Php 1,650) – The sachet has 1.2ml of the product to prevent ingrown hair. Perfect for underarm waxing!
- Malin +Goetz Ingrown Hair Cream (15ml for Php 1,750) – It’s a 5ml-sachet and promises to eliminate ingrown hair. I shall try this soon!
- Strip RPT Voucher (20% discount on a full-sized RPT product)
Theme, Worth, Quality
The October 2014 BDJ Box’s core theme is Skin Savers so, of course, I was expecting skin care products. The full-sized products are more of bath essentials; and those for facial skin care only come in sample sizes. Still, it’s nice that they included a hair care product and a make up. Our hair’s health can also affect our skin’s health. And I just love that the Dove hair product addresses my current hair problem. Also, with better skin, it’s more fun to use make up and I guess that’s why BDJ included a treat in this box. I have to admit, I subscribe to BDJ Boxes for the make ups, so I love that I still got one in this particular box.
This month’s BDJ Box not only comes in a huge (Elite size) box but also with an additional (Dial) box! Not only did I have fun opening these boxes, I also loved the balance of full-sized and sample-sized products in them. While we may easily find these products at supermarkets and beauty stores, I still appreciate getting them through BDJ Box. These items may not catch my attention when shopping or product-hunting but, I guess, that’s the point of subscription boxes–to offer new products and to encourage you to try those of which you haven’t tried yet. And it’s a good thing that I haven’t actually tried any of these products yet, well, except for the Dial ones.
Full-sized items in these boxes costs a total of Php 1,682 and they actually worth more if we’re going to include the value of the samples and voucher. It’s definitely worth it, price-wise, for a monthly subscription only costs Php 580.
For subscription options and more information, you may visit BDJBox.com.
Did you get an October 2014 BDJ Box too? Share your unboxing link in the comments!
Have you tried using any of the products in this box?
Leave a comment if you want me to do a review on any product/s in this box.
Also, if you liked/enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends using the social sharing buttons below. ^_^
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post. I am neither paid nor asked to write this post. I am not affiliated with any of the brand/store/company mentioned in this post. All thoughts and opinions here are based on my personal experience and are not prejudiced.